. About SAHAJ
SAHAJ founded in 1984 strives to make a practical difference in lives of underprivileged people both through direct action in the communities as well as through action research and policy advocacy work. We believe in developing programmes that are led by the community based on their needs.
SAHAJ is a lead organization in Gujarat on Social Accountability and Citizenship Building focusing on a life cycle approach, for children, adolescents and women in two specific sectors, Health and Education. Our team strives to bring about a difference in people's lives. We have developed thematic interventions in our goals towards Child Rights, Adolescents Rights and Maternal Health by emphasizing Social Accountability - working with stakeholders to ensure and strengthen access and quality of Public Services for the most vulnerable, Advocacy with relevant stake holders, and Networking with organizations and individuals with common goals and vision.
1) Equip communities to access opportunities by supporting them.
2) Build their capacities to analyze own situations (critical consciousness of ‘myself and my society’) and address them with appropriate solutions.
3) Document the lessons learnt and evidence based advocacy.
4) Publish and share documents and information with networks and collaborating with others.
5) Produce material for community use.